Brent Mitchell, Assistant District Governor introduced the District Govenor, Scott McAdam.
*Scott McAdam is from River Forest Rotary, Paul Harris Member +5, Sustaining Member
*Owns a landscaping company, snow removal
* Involved in a lot of boards and community events
*Attended University of Illinois
*Wife Veronica, son Scott Jr, and daughter Amanda reside in Lemont.
Scott McAdam wanted to discuss ways to grow the club. He feels like one of the main problems is branding.
New Rotary International President, Ian Riseley, has two initiatives. First, he wants everyone to plant trees. The second initiative is to have every club track every dollar and every dollar. Then have the president post on My Rotary so they can be compiled. We need to get our name out and what we are doing. Let the communities know what the Rotary Club is doing for their communities. Scott McAdam feels like better branding will help grow the club's membership. McAdam also feels we need diversity in our club to increase engagement. Recruit young people. We need to recruit young members. Also, keep the funding going to the foundation because all the money comes back to your club and your community. As a district governor, he is here to serve our club. Finally, bring one visitor a quarter. Get them engaged, and you may pick up members.
* Cruise Night is almost a few days away, make sure you are selling your 50/50 tickets *
- $1.00 per ticket, or 6 for $5.00
- Drawing - Saturday, August 12th at 8:30 PM on Liberty Street
- Meet downtown at 5 PM
* Fundraising *
- Draw Down at Corn Fest 2017 will be located at First Midwest Bank from 6pm - 9pm.
-300 (295) total tickets available/ $60.00 each (the last 5 tickets will be auctioned off at the event)
-Sponsorship's total $11,000 of which $2,000 is our club.
-There is a possibility t-shirt sales will get us the $2,000 sponsorship.
* We NEED to set up a work date for the Rotary Park *
* Starting 7/25/17 - Updated location for meetings in Maria's Ristorante and Pizzeria*
- Location: 1591 N Division Street
Morris, IL 60450
- At Maria's, members will be billed for food on quarterly Statements. *only if you eat*
* WE NEED EVERYONE AT THE NEXT MEETING *