Public Action to Deliver Sustenance
In 2008, the PADS for Grundy Area began. Their mission is to help people - to provide a safe, warm place for people to stay and get a warm meal, breakfast and a sack lunch for the next day. They are open from October - April from 7 pm to 7 am daily.
During the 2016 - 2017 season, 1037 people stayed and 58 people ate only. Last year they were able to help feed 2,925 people in need. They need 1080 volunteers to fill all the spots and anyone can volunteer. The community is very supportive and they are looking for a permanent location. Currently the shelter sites are located at: Peace Lutheran, First United Methodist, Immaculate Conception and Living Word.
**** still in need of 50 volunteers ****
1st Shift -- 6:30 pm - 10:45 pm - registration - serve dinner and clean up
2nd Shift -- 10:45 pm - 2:45 am - make sack lunches
3rd Shift -- 2:45 am - 7 am - make breakfast
You can also find more information on their facebook page and website - www.grundypads.com
Tammy Alvarez - Volunteer Director - 815-474-7899
* Fundraising *
- Draw Down at Corn Fest 2017 will be located at First Midwest Bank from 6 pm - 9 pm.
-300 (295) total tickets available/ $60.00 each (the last 5 tickets will be auctioned off at the event)
-Sponsorship's total $11,000 of which $2,000 is our club.
-There is a possibility t-shirt sales will get us the $2,000 sponsorship.
* We NEED to set up a work date for the Rotary Park *
* Starting 7/25/17 - Updated location for meetings in Maria's Ristorante and Pizzeria*
- Location: 1591 N Division Street
Morris, IL 60450
- At Maria's, members will be billed for food on quarterly Statements. *only if you eat*
* Packing went well last week, all 600 bags are packed*
*Reminder - Make sure to ask Presenters/Programs if they will need screens or projectors for the meeting *